NBA sensation Kevin Durant, who hasn’t played since he has torn his Achilles ligament a year ago, said he wouldn’t make his Brooklyn Nets debut when the season resumes at Orlando in late July.
“My season is finishing. I don’t plan on playing at all. We chose last summer that I was simply going to wait until the following season when it previously happened. I had no plans to play this season at all,” Durant said in a Friday meeting with The Undefeated during the 2019-2020 season.
As the COVID-19 pandemic emitted, the NBA suspended its season on 11 March, leaving the professional game in North America at a standstill.
The board of governors of the league on Thursday gave the green light to a plan to restart the season on July 31 at Disney World in Orlando, Florida, without spectators.
Following up the news was speculation as to whether Durant would appear. Durant, who in his 2017 and 2018 championship runs was the NBA Finals Most Valuable Player for the Golden State Warriors, cracked his correct Achilles ligament in last June’s NBA Finals. He at that point left California to join Brooklyn, where fans trusted he would shape a formidable two-part harmony with Kyrie Irving, who also arrived last summer.
“Waiting is only easier for me. I don’t believe I’m able to play this degree of weight throughout the following month at the present time, “Durant said.
He said his rehab was working out positively, in any case. “I’m doing well indeed. Turning out to be each and every day. I’m on a run. I feel like an ordinary player again,” he told The Undefeated.
Plans to restore the league were accepted Friday by the players’ association, although a few points of interest remain to be resolved.